"What you are to be, you are now becoming." - Brother John O. Moseley
The Founding of Sigma Alpha Epsilon - SAE
University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
March 9, 1856
The Phoenix constantly brings new members and True Gentlemen
into our fraternity
In the News
- Webinar Scheduled: The Department of Educational Programs has scheduled its next webinar, “Recruitment 365: What Does That Mean?”; The webinar will be presented on Wednesday, November 14, at 7 pm CT. For more info or to RSVP for one of the webinars, click HERE.
- Fraternity Law Proposals: The deadline for Fraternity Laws proposals is set for December 15, 2012, at 12 midnight CT. Any brother in good standing may propose a change. Proposals should be typewritten, and e-mail submissions are preferred. In addition, amendments/changes should include both the current law and then the revised law proposal directly following it. The rationale for the proposal should be included as well. Law proposals should be submitted directly to Eminent Supreme Recorder Boomer Ayers at email@example.com.
- Supreme Council Candidates: The deadline for brothers who wish to declare their candidacy for an office elected by the convention delegation should do so by December 15, 2012, at 12 midnight CT. Any brother in good standing may run for an elected office. Brothers who declare by the deadline will be included in The Phi Alpha convention publication. Formal declarations of candidacy should be submitted directly to Eminent Supreme Recorder Boomer Ayers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- N.I.C. Tuition Scholarships: Sigma Alpha Epsilon offers tuition scholarships for nationally-recognized training by the North-American Interfraternity Conference. The Jon Williamson Futures Quest is a three-day program in December and January that targets new fraternity members and provides leadership training to men who have recently joined the Greek-letter community. The NIC conducts two sessions: December 14-17, 2012 and January 3-6, 2013. All sessions are held at Camp Tecumseh in central Indiana. Click HERE for our application, and click HERE to find out more details on the program from the NIC.
- Fraternity Forms and Applications: We’ve introduced newer, more user-friendly technology for some of the organization’s most commonly used forms and applications. From the Recruitment Recommendation Form to the Incident Report Form to the Special Non-Student Initiation Form, you can find the entire listing online anytime by clicking HERE.
- National Poker Tourney "Save the Date": The Henderson, Nevada Alumni Association has announced its sponsorship of an inaugural National SAE Poker Tournament. Its members are hosting the event in Las Vegas at the Texas Station Casino next spring. Save the date: April 13, 2013. For more details, visit www.saepoker.com. Participants must be age 21 or older to sign up.
- Required Certifications: Sigma Alpha Epsilon has implemented five certification programs designed to enhance the knowledge of chapter leaders and pledge members about the policies and procedures of the Fraternity. These required certification programs will focus on the positions of Eminent Archon, Pledge Educator, Eminent Treasurer, Risk Manager and pledge membership. The first one introduced last Spring is an interactive certification for all new, or pledge, members. Each program concludes with a quiz regarding the material presented to determine the level of understanding obtained on its content. Member completion of these quizzes will be tracked on the Fraternity Service Center's national database.
- Risk Management Focus: As we embark on a new academic year, risk management is the buzzword to keep in mind for the 2013 academic year. We are proud of the progress we’ve made thus far, including the stronger focus on risk-management education and risk mitigation. Minerva’s Shield is the ultimate source for our policies and procedures related to risk. It has recently been updated with two new policies. You can find it anytime online by clicking HERE.
- PHOENIX ON-LINE: An on-line version of The Phoenix our member education pledge manual is available by clicking HERE.
- PROVINCE EPSILON: The province is looking for alumni volunteers to serve in various capacities (alumni advisory board member, alumni association officer, chapter advisor, house corporation officer and province officers). Contact Province Archon, Tracy Anderson, if interested.
- INACTIVE MEMBERS: Fraternal laws regarding Inactive Status will now be strictly enforced. No member shall be allowed to go inactive unless they have met the minimum two year committment, paid all financial obligations and received approval from the chapter and the province archon.
- Facebook/MySpace, etc., pages and other on-line materials must be kept in good taste and conform to fraternal and university laws & regulations at all times. Please ensure compliance and continue to be our Brother's Keeper.
Click here for "In the News" Archives
Our Creed: The True Gentleman (click to view)
SAE National Fraternity Fact Sheet (click to view)
For additions or corrections to this page or to the website, please contact the Webmaster (click to e-mail).